I visited my friend last night & we both watched this movie on Sony-pix. Boy, we were not able to stop laughing. Every scene was interesting & comical. Every dialogue is so situational & the timing was awesome. So i decided to blog about it
3 scientist, Peter Venkman(Bill Murray), Ray Stantz(Dan Aykroyd), and Egon Spengler(Harold Ramis),gets their grant @ Columbia University revoked (or expired, not sure). They suddenly find themselves job-less. They decide to fight against the world & set up their own business. The business of Ghostbusting – trapping pesky ghosts! They become extremly successful after a dull initial period. And, soon they are a celeb and are also joined by Winston Zeddmore(Ernie Hudson), who is looking for a job with good pay. The story develops further on how famous they become & towards the end of the movie, how they save the entire New York from ghosts. Thats it!! Thats all the story is!! 🙂
But the movie has got more to it than this. 🙂 Read on…
If you read the story, you would wonder – STORY?? WHERE?? Might even come as a silly one. But, you gotta watch the movie. The screen play is good and the dialogues are fab. Esp the acting & dialogue delivery of Dr. Peter Venkman. Boy. Boy. Bill Murray has excelled. He has an amazing attitude & has a very cool demeanour. Fab. His acting prowess has overpowered almost every other actor on screen. His flirtatious moves toward his client Dana Barrett(Sigourney Weaver) is one to be admired. The movie overall is a very good experience. You would not regret watchin it. Every scene is well knitted with the dialogue as funny as it can be. A movie worth spending time on.
As always, I did not want to be a spoiler so not giving the full story. But, unable to resist my tempation, here are some of the qoutable qoutes (actually dialogues but i like to quote) from the 1984 classic.
**For benefit of those who do understand subtle jokes, i shal highlight them. :-)**
1. Winston Zeddemore: Ray. If someone asks if you are a god, you say, “yes!”
2. Dr. Peter Venkman: [surrounded by excited reporters during the montate sequence, which shows the Ghostbusters as a sudden popular culture craze] Twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, no job is too big, no fee is too big!
3. Dr. Peter Venkman: I don’t have to take this abuse from you, I’ve got hundreds of people dying to abuse me.
4. Dr Ray Stantz: Where do these stairs go?
Dr. Peter Venkman: They go up.
5. Dana Barrett: That’s the bedroom, but nothing ever happened in there.
Dr. Peter Venkman: What a crime.
6. Dana Barrett: [possessed by Zuul] Do you want this body?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Is this a trick question?
7. [Dana is possessed]
Dr. Peter Venkman: I make it a rule never to get involved with possessed people.
[Dana starts passionately making out with him]
Dr. Peter Venkman: Actually, it’s more of a guideline than a rule…
8. Dana Barrett: [as the gate keeper] I want you inside me.
Dr. Peter Venkman: [referring to the voice alternating between human and demon] It sounds like you’ve got at least two or three people in there already.
9. Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes sir, it’s true. This man is some kind of rodent, I don’t know which.
1. Before the release of Home Alone (1990), this was the highest-grossing comedy of all time.
2. Voted number 28 in channel 4’s (UK) “Greatest Family Films”.
3. Nominated for 2 Oscars. Another 4 wins & 6 nominations (imdb)
4. It was followed by a sequel, Ghostbusters II (1989), and two animated television series, The Real Ghostbusters (later Slimer! And the Real Ghostbusters) and Extreme Ghostbusters.